McCall Boat Works

The Wooden Boat Center & Storage

1 block North of the Shore Lodge
BEHIND THE BRUNDAGE INN

1304 Boydstun Lane McCall, Idaho 83638

My photo
1304 Boydstun Lane 1 block north of the Shore Lodge BEHIND THE BRUNDAGE INN PO Box 2306, McCall, Idaho 83638, United States
McCall Boat Works is an Antique and Classic Boat Restoration, Service, Sales, Storage & Concierge Boat Company. MBW installs double planked 3M 5200 bottoms AND West System bottoms with quality, wet sand varnish finishes. MBW restores, builds, services, delivers, sales and stores just about anything that floats (or not float)!!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Never Seen a Woodie? Come On!!

It's A New Woody Day!!

I had to post this;  these people dropped by the shop last Friday..........
never seen a wooden boat??!!  Excuse me??!!
What do you do in Kentucky anyways??
These nice people sent us a note that I had to share.

Hello Don and Molly,
My name is Tim Judd and my wife and I along with my cousin, whom is from Idaho, visited your shop a week or so ago. We are from Kentucky if you remember and you graciously invited us in on a lat evening just before you were going home. I think my cousin Gary spoke with you wife on the phone and gave us directions. We were out there visiting family and doing a road trip into norht Idaho and I insisted we try and fine your shop. We had seen it on Outdoor Idaho and I just love those wooden boats. My wife and I spend a lot of time on our local lake but have never seen an old wooden boat around here anywhere but I will be on the look out from now on. I just wanted to drop an line and say how much we apreciated the kindness of you and your wife. Allowing us to see your shop and talk for a while was one of the highlights of our trip. I would haved loved to have been there in summer time to see them on the water. I'll close by saying thanks once again for your kindness and willingness to take time for a couple from Kentucky.
Sincerely,
Tim Judd 
 
These are the FIRST WOODIES that the Judd's laid eyes on in
McCall Boat Works, WOW!  Bet you have the fever now!!

Chris Craft 1936 19'
No Name
Serious Restoration!

TWIN FINN
                              1959 Chris Craft Continental 21'
                          getting her "gold leaf numbers" by Noel Weber

 1950 Javelin Plywood Racer 15'
Complete restoration and then some....


AND...The BEAUTIFUL Gold Leaf Lettering in Process
 by Noel Weber
                             
1946 Chris Craft Cust 20' JUSTICE

Remind you, this "transom art" is all Noel Weber's work (Gold Leaf Lettering free hand)

JUSTICE getting her coats of varnish and wet sand in-between x20 !!
No wonder my husband and the other woody boys are so .........BUFF!


The SWEET Lines!
AND one MORE......................... 
1958 Century Resorter19' No Name
New Landing Deck/Chunes/Keel/Stem/Frames/3M5200 Bottom

PLEASE Come BY and SEE
What is in the SHOP
1304 Bouydstun Lane
BEHIND THE BRUNDAGE INN
YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!
Don AND Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment: